Skip to main content

2009 near 2010

Just wanted to squeeze another Blog post just before the new year. And yes, I will be more active in my Blogging in 2010, it is one of my many 2010, and new decade, resolutions... Maybe because I use twitter a lot, maybe because I was working hard on two political campaigns, I didn't have the time or the drive to keep up with my Blog, however, the next year is going to be a banner year in many aspects. I am really looking forward working on corporate new media communications, you may also find some of my Blog posts to be on business and new media, while still keeping up to date with online political communications and the use of social media. Let me also get myself on record here saying that I will pursue my academic goals in doing some research on new communications and marketing policies, whether that being in politics, corporate B2B, or freelance business. I believe that Direct-to-consumer advertising is going to be re-shaped and utilized more personally, given the fusion that is now happening on many levels due to online communications and the use of new media by businesses and consumers. Proximity and multi-channel marketing will collide with traditional means of communications and selling practices. It is going to be really interesting researching and working on these issues.

By the by, I will be publishing my new book in 2010, so stay tuned!

So, happy 2010 and all the best for the new decade to come!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Iranian elections, so what?

There has been so much press coverage on the fallout after the Iranian elections, and most of it coming from social media sources, YouTube, twitter, facebook, Blogs etc. What I don't understand is that: Did people in Iran just woke up to their reality? They are living in a totalitarian state, under the dictatorship of a religious figure (Ali Khamenei), citizens are afraid to talk openly, and always need to be anonymous in case someone from the state comes knocking at their door. So, did some people in Iran just woke up? Why did they have to wait for an election to protest and express their concerns? If the system is corrupt and biased towards the population now, then it must have been like this before the elections! I did also manage to watch some of the press conferences by the Iranian State representative, but I have not seen anything from the Mousavi campaign. Why doesn't the Mousavi campaign have a daily press briefing? Why doesn't Mousavi go on an Interview with a ...

EU - Greece - hammer and sickle

So, I traveled to Thessaloniki for the Greek Easter, and you can imagine my surprise when at the tolls just outside Athens I saw these flags by the Greek Communist Party please note the hammer and sickle symbol at the top of the flags. Now, my first reaction was total surprise! I asked myself whether this photo would be possible on any other European highway; I am now back in Vienna, Austria and it really strikes me as impossible. Also, along with the flags, there were volunteers covering all lanes, with fryers explaining the values of the communist party with the slogan "Trust the KKE in the upcoming EU elections". I must say that this is one of the first campaign moves from a Greek Political party for the upcoming European elections, scheduled between 4 and 7 of June 2009. The message was clear enough: even if you don't agree with the Communists, vote for them in the European elections to send a "message"... whatever that means... Also in the same fryers the...

Twitter mistakes in Political Communications

A recent tweet from President Obama... stated : President Obama urges Congress to pass the infrastructure section of the American Jobs Act now. Listen live: http://wh.gov/live I have seen this in many tweets from politicians that have communications staffers operate their Social Media presence. This tweet is absolutely wrong! Barack Obama says: "President Obama urges Congress..." instead of writing "I urge Congress..." the copywriter wrote a tweet as if he/she is writing on their personal account. Clearly a big Social Media mistake.. P.S. IAB!